Today, I thought I would cover a few things I find really important as a writer. whether it is a book, a blog, a poem or an article having the right tools are essential.
Choosing your subject
When choosing what to write about, always make sure you get to know your subject before you start writing.
Readers pick up very quickly whether you are authentic or just another one of those copy and paste kind of writers and will lose interest and trust
Research – Always a great place to start
Do your research and be as thorough as you can. This will give you insight into your subject matter and you will most definitely right more freely if you know what you are sharing with others. I have read 100’s of blogs and quite often, I think to myself. here we go, another piece of not very interesting c…. dare I say this.
Knowledge helps people and isn’t that what you are trying to achieve when you write something.
So please do your research and you will get a lot more people engaging with you.
Preparation for your Blog
- Title – look for keywords
- Content – work out at least 5 new content titles to write about
- A conclusion to your blog – let the readers know your final thoughts on your blog and encourage them to make a comment or email you so you stay connected
- Now get writing
- Check your Grammar and spelling as there is nothing worse than a whole lot of errors when someone reads your blog. Again this makes people leave and move on to something better and as you know there are 1000s of places to look for a great blog on peoples interests
Tools you will need – Helpful stuff
- A thesaurus could be helpful
- Keyword tool
- Different writing styles
- Spell and Grammar Check
I have done a lot of research on keywords and I find Jaaxy really great so take a look and see what you think
Also, I have found Grammarly to be the best tool I have used to check Grammar and spelling before I publish. Grammarly does all the hard work for you and it is brilliant. I highly recommend it to you as a blogger and writer
In conclusion, I know this post is short but I feel it is really important to all writers and bloggers to do it right and get more readers, after all, isn’t that why you write/blog.
I would value your feedback so please leave a comment or join our mailing list and I will come back to you within 24 hours
Enjoy and I’ll see you soon